Currently, the Washington County Adult Center touches the lives of over 600 seniors each month who depend upon the vital services and activities it delivers.
Karen Taylor has scheduled two more craft classes for the month of November. The first will be a Santa & Angle Doily Pin class on Thursday, November 13, Noon to 3:30pm. Cost is $5 per person. Bring scissors, glue gun, paint brushes and an apron. Some pens will be available if you prefer them to paint. Everything else will be provided.
The second class is the popular Suncatcher Class, scheduled for Thursday, November 15, Noon to 3:30pm. Cost is $5 per person plus main crystal expense…usually under $3. Beads and everything else will be provided. Remember your apron. If you have questions over either of these classes, please call Karen Taylor at 918-331-8794.
Have concerns about the upcoming Medicare enrollment or Part D plans? Theresa Greer, Certified Medicare Counselor has scheduled her counseling session for Monday, November 26 at the center. Come join Teresa as she answers all your questions and helps make sense of all that is Medicare.
– Friday Drawing – This activity is amateur drawing/sketching and is held every Friday from 10am – Noon in the Crafts Classroom. Everyone, no matter you skill level, is invited to join in. It is an Everyone-Helps-Everyone learning environment, so it has no instructor. All art mediums are welcome. Chuck Parkin and Brian Doerksen, who initiated the activity, are currently working in graphite. They have a suggested list of graphite art supplies which can be found on the front bulletin board, or bring whatever supplies you need for your medium.
– Saving the Cherokee Language – This language class is instructed by Opal Benefield and is open to the public. Class members are intent on keeping the Cherokee language alive by teaching it to all who may be interested in learning. Classes are, every Thursday morning from 10am – Noon, in the WCAC Library. All, of any age, are welcome to join.
– Bingo – Every Thursday beginning at 10:00 am (CARD clients only). If you would like to donate items as bingo prizes, please contact nutrition site manager Brooke Moody at 918-534-1270.
– Card and Dominoes games – Daily
– Pool Table – Daily
– Wood Carving – Every Thursday from 9 am till 11 am in the George Schumacher Room.
– China Painting – Every Friday from 10 am till 3 pm. A few china items are available to paint for a donation to the WCAC; or bring your own, along with your paints. A kiln is available for firing the painted china, again, for a WCAC donation. Artists of any media are welcome to bring your materials and join the group for fun and companionship.
Click on the November 2018 Activities Calendar below, then click the download button to save to your computer.
Please consider becoming a WCAC class instructor volunteer. Our members are interested in learning new skills and participating in new activities. Currently we are in need of instructors for such classes as exercise, yoga, art, dance and ceramics. Your talents and skills could make for a great class for seniors.
For more information, call 918-534-1140 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.